Upside Down Dance Youth company Auditions
Upside Down Dance is giving you the opportunity to join our Upside Down Youth Dance Company.
The company brings together talented young dancers between 8 to 18 years old from across London and Kent as we know that age does not determine the dance level of any of our students.
The training will be lead by Lexi Maize who will act as a dance coach and will be supported by other dance teachers who have extensive knowledge of 1 or more dance styles.
The dance forms that will be taught will be Hip Hop, Popping, Locking, House, Krump, Breakdancing, Kuduro, Dancehall, Afrobeat dances and Physical theatre.
The Key training method will be to learn :
- Dance style foundations & dance vocabulary
- The history, culture, philosophy and heritage of each dance styles
- Freestyle and expression
- Creative thinking
- Team/group work
- Confidence building
All participants must audition to be eligible to attend as this training class is based on students dance abilities as well as their desire to succeed.
We measure and monitor the progress and attendance of all our students’ session after session. This class require participants to be fully committed if they wishes to see results.
- Discounted price on all our future Master class from pioneers or renowned dancers/choreographers
- Visual dance portfolio creation
- Create amazing dance concept and videos
- Discounted price on all streetwear and dancewear
- Trip to event abroad/ dance exchange
- Take part in dance battles and shows
- Professional artist development, promotion and management
- Opportunity to become a dance teacher or choreographer
- Create and develop your dance name
- Take part in a dance theatre production
- Gives you access to youth commercial opportunities
- Give you access and guidance on vocational career
The amount of training required is 3.5 hours per week.
- Keep fit
- Meet new people
- Take part in a talented dance group
Weekly rehearsals will take place at different venues in London and Kent.
Click here to sign up.
Our video teaser is now up on our instagram page!