Children and young people with learning disabilities
At Upside Down Dance Academy, we believe that dance can help children and young people with learning disabilities.
Some members of our team have extensive experience working in SEN schools and Pupil referral units. Our observations was that dance especially street dance was ideal to engage children and young people and for some of them to either improve their condition, unleash and hidden talent or simply empower them in developing a new hobby or vocation.
The class is a street dance class at Rookie level which focus on exercises that focus on dance, speech but also to boost their cognitive development.
• Better engagement and behaviour at school , more focus, better results and school attainment
• Promoting emotional wellbeing, allowing children and young people to express their feelings and emotions freely
• Good for anxiety and stress relief
• Increase fitness, improve balance and coordination
• Encourage creativity and Imagination
• Provide a safe environment where they can learn, explore and misbehave
• Build confidence, memory and social skills
• Make friends
Day and time : (link to timetable or booking system or just class info)
Duration : 1h30min
Location : (link to venue )
Price: £25/month – £40/month (2siblings) – £72/3 months – £260/yearly
Teacher(s): (link to teacher)
All students must pay upfront before or on the 1st of each month depending on your chosen payment option (monthly/every 3 months/yearly).
All unpaid spaces become available on a first come first serve basis.
All payments MUST be made online or at the studio. No refunds.
Visit our FAQ page for more information.
From Wednesday 5th September 2018 – Adult beginner Hip Hop dance class at Husky studios – Elephant and castle- 8.30pm to 10pm
6 month dance training or less – ongoing – Fridays from 8pm to 10pm– Husky studios in Elephant and castle – finish end of November.
Mondays – ongoing – Adult beginner afrobeat dance class – 7pm to 8.30pm – Husky studios – Elephant and castle
Note: Before attending classes all student must register using our online – registration form.